From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 05:47:21 -0400
Hehe... I bet you generated more twitches than you might suspect. *I*
twitched when I read it and I'm familiar with the practice of eating brood.
You just didn't generate any mail. I'm surprised too. I'd be surprised if
there was a moral issue with anyone on this list- a squeamish issue
perhaps, but not moral. Perhaps a number of people read it and wondered
"why didn't *I* think of that?"

I guess I don't know what to say except "go for it". I had planned on
trying drone-comb removal as a varroa control measure this year, but didn't
get around to it- perhaps next year. I did ponder whether there was a
market for the larvae rather than giving them back to the bees (do the bees
eat or discard the brood?) but I filed that rumination for further chewing
on some cold winter day.

I can't comment on your questions about ventilation etc., I just don't
know. Anyone who finds yet another honey bee product to sell deserves
congratulations, and encouragement.

Congratulations. Keep up the good work :)

George-

At 10:59 PM 8/30/05 -0400, you wrote:
>My previous post about bee (drone) brood development under reduced
>temperature conditions didn't get a twitch. Am surprised no one has any
>thoughts on this.

George & Nancy Fergusson
Sweet Time Apiary
326 Jefferson Road