From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:03:23 -0500

>Aggressive colonies often react badly to human breath, so not breathing over
>the colony may well reduce stings.

I have found my breath to be a useful tool. When holding, and examining a
comb, the bees can be herded about by lightly blowing on them. I always
place the first comb removed from the hive body on its end, leaning up
against the hive. Often there will be bees hanging from the frame, and will
be crushed if the frame is placed on the ground. Blowing on them will herd
them off the end bar, and up onto the comb, so the comb can safely be
placed on the ground.

Mike