From:
jimmy odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 11:27:18 -0500
Hello Bee-L'rs:

a little advice please.... I use a defunct chest freezer with a quartz
lamp inside  for heat and a commercial thermostat to keep my bottled
honey warm and prevent crystallization.   I keep the thermostat set
for 93 degrees F.

I have been mixing sugar syrup 1 to 1 ratio (1pt warm water to 1 lb
cane sugar)..  I only mix about 12 lbs sugar at a time... I prepared
some on 2/3/13 and placed it in the warm/freezer...I went to feed
yesterday and found short strings of what appeared to be mold in the
syrup..

I guess my question is, should I keep the sugar syrup warm or keep it
cool to prevent the mold..

any advice please..

jimmy odom
charlotte nc