From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 13:15:03 -0800
Alan,
I have used saran wrap. It was more an accident than any great planning.
did not have a cover for a bucket so put saran wrap right on the surface
of
the honey. I could not get to filtering it right away, so after a day or

so, when I lifted the plastic wrap off the honey, all the wax, and other

bits and pieces came out with the wrap. I was able to bottle right from
the
bucket. Now I do it as a matter of course. Since saran wrap and other
plastic wraps are food grade, there is no honey contamination. I
wouldn't
bother with black plastic. Agree with what you said, plus it has to be
cut,
where you just tear off whatever you need of the plastic wrap, and it is

cheap, easy (you can easily make it contact the entire surface of the
honey), you lose little honey, and get a good product. However, I think
the
origional post was on how to get rid of suspended particles, not the
stuff
that floats to the top of the honey. The plastic wrap solution does not
answer that question. Bill Truesdell Bath, ME