From:
Graham Law <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 14:23:41 -0500
Hi Bill,

I have noticed that observations hives are always easy to manage as when
opened the bees stay on the comb even when the same bees were not so
inclined before occupying the observation hive.  I figured that the bees
were now used to light and light was one trigger factor with bitchy bees
when opening a normal colony.  I have just built a translucent roof to try
next spring to see if it could be a useful tool whilst dealing with awkward
bees.  (Ok I know breeding quite bees is an ideal but meanwhile is the real
world...).  One concern is direct sunlight hence translucent and not
transparent.

If I have any conclusive results I will let you know.

cheers
Graham