From:
Chris Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 09:44:47 +1000
At 03:26 PM 19/01/97 -0700, you wrote:
>    A friend of mine experienced quite a bit of itching when stung.  The last
>time, she could not remove the sting quickly and broke out in hives
>in parts of the body removed from the sting site.

>   My question:   Have any of you had such an experience?  If so, did your
>body chemistry adapt and allow you to continue to receive stings without
>adverse effect?

My wife had a similar affect once.  We were not handling the bees properly
and were both stung more than usual.  As we drove home she complained about
itches all over her body.  When we gao home (and could turn on the lights)
we saw patches of red all over her.

I rubbed calamine lotion (or whatever that pink stuff is called) all over
her and went to bed. (it was now early morning).  When we woke at daylight
she was fine.  No red patches and no itches.  Since then she has been less
keen to get "stuck into it" and makes a point of dressing up more than I do.

Incidently, during the same incident, I had received a lot more stings than
she did.  The parts where I was stung felt a LITTLE more swollen than normal
(but not much).  That was the only difference that I could feel.

Regards

Chris Allen