From:
Graham Read EOS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:23:00 PST
I recently found the following URLs which may be of interest:

Example Bumble bee nest box design:
 http://www.anet-chi.com/%7Emanytimes/page40.htm

A list of links relating to Alternative pollinators:
http://users.aol.com/pollinator/polpage4.htm

Using bumble bees in Israel:
http://www.seliyahu.org.il/bees.htm
http://www.link.co.il/agritech/spring9
6/bees.htm

Other links:
http://www.cae.wisc.edu/~oliphant/bees/bombus/

Graham
Besides using honeybees for pollination, who have too short a tongue for
some flowers like red clover, I have read that bumblebees (are used) for
this
purpose.

How do you keep bumblebees in an small farm agricultural setting ?  Also
how would you encourage solitary bees ?  Do either of these bees produce
any honey, pollen, or any other bee products ?