From:
"D. Murrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 22:26:52 -0500
Hi Guys,

>No doubt you will correct me if I am wrong, but I always had the impression
that it was our friends in the USA who believed that they could solve any
problem by throwing chemicals (or bullets) at it ... :-)

Well, we've certianly thrown just about every chemical WMD(weapon of mite
destruction) at them. First, because many beekeepers were cheap. Then,
lastly, because they were desperate.

Who knows what would have happened if the softer chemicals, IPM, small cell,
Russian bees, SMR, etc. had not appeared over the horizon. And they wouldn't
have, if some individuals didn't have the determination to swim upstream
against the prevailing current.

Forget bullets. I think some of US beekeepers would have employed the
nuclear option! :>))

Regards
Dennis