From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Dec 2015 07:20:42 -0800

> >If the study had included a non-neonicotinoid insecticide treated field
> we would have been better able to answer those questions.

Jeff, that would certainly be the most valuable sort of research as far as
figuring out how best to promote pollinator health on ag lands.  But that
was not the question that the researchers were paid to answer.

The were paid to answer a specific question--comparing the effect of
exposure to seed-treated corn fields vs. non seed treated--it wasn't about
crop viability or production.

And after all their work, they needed to publish something to justify
getting the funding.  Rather than saying that they found no effect--they
tried to spin it into something else.

Allow me to correct myself, as Christina points out, AChE appeared to spike
in the conventional fields in August.  A spike in AChE would be expected if
there were even a minimal exposure to carbaryl, which was detected in the
samples at that date.  Christina, I'm surprised that you did not point this
out to the List.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA