From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2018 08:52:13 -0500
It is true that the acceptance
of these very small larvae is not so high as of those up to two days old,
but this is a secondary consideration.

Pete,  I realize brother Adam is one of our pioneers,  but that is at least 70 year old information.  In one moment you ask why we make no progress,  then quote ancient history as the standard!

Lets recap where we actually are in the discussion.  You make a interesting point,  and there is a lot of (IMO) whining about queens. (as well as the price of honey pollination and weather in general)   but let me see if I can summarize.

We have no standard of queen performance.

We have no agreed about criteria.

We have Dr. Tarpys work that shows no differences in the last 70 years of anything we know how to measure.

We have a weak correlation of queen performance to queen size(morphmetrics) (back to selecting pretty queens according to Science)

DNA tells us little

WE cant even prove one way or the other that eggs make better queens.  The little data we have says it’s a moot point.

We have good information that there is no genetic bottle neck

We believe there is little to no differences in actual genetic stock vs breed

We still select for traits we consider genetic.

So what am I missing,  and where do we go from here?