From:
Olda Vancata <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2007 14:53:53 +0100
> If your objective is to discriminate AHB from EHB, then the basic
> database is not enough, because the small body size of AHB overlaps
> the lower region of sizes that is also common to Ligustica, the genes
> of which are prevalent in US bee populations.

I have a friend who brings to Sweden some bees (dead) from Sao Paulo -
 Brasil. I've never seen so small bees (with so small vings) in my
entire live.

> I have not brought in to any of the discussion the use of DNA evidence
> (because we were talking about Morphometry). In recent years DNA has
> proved incredibly useful in confirming the high standards that
> morphometry and behaviour analysis can achieve.

What many beekeepers is not thinking on is that morphometry and DNA
is both comparative way of testing. Many beekeepers wrongly believe
tha DNA is some sort of ultimate truth.

\vov