From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 09:33:56 -0400
Peter Borst wrote, "Having lost a queen or two in the process of getting
the workers out, it is worth noting that there are easy ways and risky ways."

In a small room in my house with only on window, I remove the screem of 3-holed cages, or pop the top of a jz's bz cage, and let all the bees out (attendants AND queen).  ALL fly to the window.  I capture the queen, mark her and return her to the cage.  Some will ask, "What do you do with the loose attendants?" and some will complain whith me remark, "I hoover them."  This can be done in an truct too, rolling down the windows to let attendants escape un harmed.  Howerer, the attendants will orientient on the vehicle, there are lots of windows to which attendants and queen can fly, and there are lots of places where the queen can crawl (under the seat, down the defroster, ...).  I prefer the small room in my house.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!