From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:42:45 -0400
Jerry J Bromenshenk wrote:

> For those of you who worry about accuracy of reporting - here's a new one.

You might also check Mark Winston's recent article concerning your work in
Bee Culture. More grant envy than anything substantive. But that seems to
be the norm for his articles.

As far as seeing your work in print when you never submitted it for
publication, an article- not written by me- was lifted directly from our
Maine State newsletter by ABJ. Never got a call. And in another recent ABJ,
saw a post I made to the sci.beekeeping newsgroup in The Classroom by Jerry
Hayes. Never sent it to ABJ.
No big deal, but bet if I lifted articles directly from ABJ for our
newsletter or posted them on a website I would get a call.
I just resigned as editor, but I used many posts from the BeeList for
articles in the newsletter. In every case when I quoted directly, I got
permission first and gave the poster- if he agreed- credit. Plus, sent a
copy of the newsletter if they wanted one.
Still waiting for my free ABJ.
Bill T