From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 1997 09:15:37 -0700
> My question is, are the earlier stages more resistant to chilling ? As I
> have never seen early brood being carried out.

I believe Steve Taber claims that young larvae and eggs are not very
temperature sensitive.

As I recall, he said that if wrapped in damp towel, a frame containing
both can be placed in a refrigerator overnight and still be viable in the
morning.

His contention was that only a few moments of UV exposure (direct
sunlight), or dehydration (wind) will kill them, and we call it
'chilling'.

FWIW.

Allen Dick                                  VE6CFK
Rural Route One, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
     [log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
       http://www.internode.net/HoneyBee/