From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 18:09:25 +0000
"Christina, you and I appear to be reaching the same conclusion"

Randy, on this topic we most certainly are reaching the same conclusion.  Everything you've said on this topic and up to this point I heartily agree with.

Pushing aside all the red herrings, I would ask the question....absent further research *at this point*, does it make sense to supplement zinc and possibly other nutrients to bees?  If so, how?  This is very important right now to those of us in cold climates where our bees are about to be stuck indoors shivering for 4 months or more.  I would like to see live colonies come spring.  If nutrients are low and this compromises the bees' immune systems, then they fester with their Nosema and viruses whilst cooped up all winter until they weaken and/or die, let's see if we can fix that.  We have a month or more left to try something.

Meanwhile readers should keep in mind that the entire planet is experiencing human-caused problems due to CO2 elevation at an unprecedented scale that has been measured and confirmed via geological and even biological evidence spanning millions of years and recorded in many different compelling ways, and that indeed ought to give every one of us pause.  This is NOT a repeat of ice age cycles.  It is completely different from previous cycles.  As Randy suggests, the solution might merit use of the "precautionary principle".  Almost all of the earth's (functioning) nations are in agreement on this.  Consider why the US government is having such problems accepting the very sound science and considering how to deal with it.

But back to bees.

Christina