Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:45:35 -0500
A very long time ago some qualifications were hinted at in the use of OA for
Varroa treatment, but so far there seems to be more silence on any problems
with OA treatments than concerns.

The only things I have found have been encouraging in the use of OA for
Varroa treatments, including a trial by Medhat which put it as fairly
effective (at 35 gm per liter in 50:50 syrup) just behind Formic for winter
survival.

I used Apiguard this past year and see little difference in survival than
when I used OA. But before going back, wondered if there is anything new on
the OA front.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine