From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2014 12:07:42 -0400
I'm working on a Honey Marketing segment for our On-Line Journeyman class that we hope to launch next month.  Can someone point me to the latest information on the initiative to establish a National Honey Standard - I've not heard much in recent months.

Also, is there a one-stop place for the EU Honey Directive for US beekeepers who want to market honey in Europe?  When I was in Australia, I even saw frames being tracked during extraction so that they ended back up in the same box from which they came.  I know the EU doesn't like GMO, and looks for pollen in varietals.  I've found several information sources, the most recent seem to be dated 2004 - but since I don't market honey to Europe, I'm not sure if that's the latest.

I'm sure some on this list know exactly where to go in terms of the EU requirements for honey, varietal honey, and organic honey.  In USA, it's easy to find the label requirements and certification information on the National Honey Board and USDA AMS sites.

Thanks  Jerry

J.J. Bromenshenk
Bee Alert
Missoula, Mt