Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 21:05:03 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
 > I suspect these came from my friend. My friend always wants to hear what beekeepers think of his queens. Be honest. What is your opinion on the queens from Australia? Well, the area were I introduced the queens into colonies was Riyadh, the center of SA. Most of italian queens didn't lay eggs (total was 30 q), and some of the layed eggs didn't hatch. However, a beekeeper who took 5 italian queens reported that 2 of them did a good job and stayed for the total season and he reared new queens from one of them, in the next year. For carniolan bees (also 30) they stayed for one season in Riyadh and couldn't continue the whole year. It should be noticed that queens performance was most propably affected by weather conditions, bkping practice, and the fact that those queens were instrumentally insemimated.
> The U.S.?  Australia? Yes,

>  What do you like and dislike about the Egypt bees. The bees that come from Egypt are Carniolan hybrids, The price for one bee package is 40-50 $.  They do collect good honey amount compared to the native bees (smaller in size). The bad side is the robbing behavior, and queens seem to be old in age and not newly mated, as they don't continue laying eggs.

Thank you all Abdulaziz Alqarni, PhDRiyadh, Saudi ArabiaOhio State Univ. graduate, 2002 		 	   		  
The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Guidelines for posting to BEE-L can be found at:
http://honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm

ATOM RSS1 RSS2