Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 2009 14:17:41 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
>>In my opinion, the particle size is not particularly important in patties.  I could be proven wrong, but I doubt it.

> Allen, do you have any information to back up that statement? I've found that when patties are made from materials with larger particle size, that the bees simply lick the sugar off the particles, and then dispose (of at least some) of them.

I guess I should have been more specific.  In as much as I selected my ingredients well and get my patties from a source which uses proven products, i see no such activity.  Of course, you are right and I have seen that in earlier days when we didn't know what we were doing.  One time, long ago, we even fed a substitute that proved to be a good super clearer -- based on its ideal-looking protein profile, I should add.

>  My guess would be that particle size is ikely important

Sorry I should have stated my assumptions (above).  Again, like "good enough", there is "small enough", IMO, anyhow.

> I am in total agreement with you, Allen. I'm not sure how the ARS can use taxpayer money to develop a product, and then to license it for production without patenting it--which would place the formula in the public domain. I'm truly surprised that no one has pursued freedom of information access for some products developed on the taxpayer dime.

You could be the first, or maybe one of our our resident investigative reporters (say someone from Missouri) could initiate such an action. 

Information just wants to be free.

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

Access BEE-L directly at:
http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?A0=BEE-L

ATOM RSS1 RSS2