Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2019 14:41:27 -0500
There is plenty of evidence that there are unbroken maternal lines of
wild-living honey bees existing in Americas.  They did not come from the
"domesticated" C mitotypes propagated by breeders, and were arguably
imported as "wild types."

Are you referring to bees brought by the Spanish and English? Brought over on sailing ships? Where are these bees now (other than Catalina Island, for example)?

> Concordant with earlier microsatellite and SNP surveys, C-lineage introgression in A. m. mellifera is heterogeneous across Europe. Samples originating from conservatories were generally less introgressed than those from unprotected areas. Our previous and this SNP survey revealed that Scotland, Norway, Netherlands and now Ireland possess important pockets of pure A. m. mellifera. -- M. Alice Pinto, & al, 2018

PLB