From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 13:10:22 -0400
Adrian Wenner MOST KINDLY wrote:
>   You should be able to find the answers to your question therein.  If you
>can't get copies of those two papers, please contact me directly (rather
>than on BEE-L) and I can send you copies.  (Others may do so, as well.
>Please, though, don't request copies unless you will really read them ---
>all photocopying is out of pocket for me.)

Adrian, you may recall that in my last posting I ranted a little bit about
the difficulty of accessing papers on the internet.  I am very curious about
the protocol regarding papers.  It would seem to me that it would be much
easier and cheaper for you to just send the papers to the bee-list as file
attachments that to deal with photocopying and postage.  If the length that
this thread has been continuing is any indication then there is a lot of
interest in the subject on the part of the members, and you almost certainly
have the papers on a word processor file that can be converted to ASCII.
Once a paper has been published in a journal what copyright does the journal
or the author have?  I would think that since journal articles seem to get
photocopied all the time they could also be digitized and distributed, but
that is just my uninformed idea of what would be efficient.

Your offer was most considerate.
Thankyou,  Stan