From:
queenbee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:21:20 +1000
In the site below supplied by Juanse the following appears:-
"The colour of flowers from which bees collect nectar determines a honey's
colour. For example, honey exports from Vietnam are typically dark amber
because their source nectar is extracted from dark-coloured flowers.

China makes the most honey, much of which is light-coloured."

Not sure where this information came from but I would suggest it is wrong,
particularly for Australia.  Here we have Eucalypts that have white flowers
and produce honey which goes in the 80's and 90's on the Pfund scale.
Lucerne (alfalfa to those in North America) has a purple flower but doesn't
produce dark honey.  Just a few examples.  Is it the same elsewhere?

> http://world-trade-organization.suite101.com/article.cfm/top_honey_exporting_countries

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA