From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 21:29:15 -0700
At 07:22 PM 7/22/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi all, can anybody tell me about this hive beetle?? does anyone have
>pics of it/them?? I live in KY and so far haven't seen anything abnormal
>in or around my hives??

New picture of the real thing here in the US at:

http://www.ifas.ufl.edu/~mts/apishtm/apis98/aethina/aethina1.htm

Please bee sure and read the text as this is one pest that may or may not
get a real hold in the US. The real test will come next season to see if it
can survive. This season people will be looking for it and it will be
found. No one knows how or when this pest entered the US, it could have
been here for years and not noticed by beekeepers because it is not
disimular to other nasty pests we have had all along.

For the latested hands on poop see:

http://www.ifas.ufl.edu/~mts/apishtm/apis98/apjul98.htm#1

ttul, Andy-