From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Mar 2012 09:22:34 -0600
Hello A. Alqarni & All,

Thanks for the reply!

> I, my self, have imported italian and carni queens from Australia in 2003,

I suspect these came from my friend. My friend always wants to hear what
beekeepers think of his queens.
Be honest.
What is your opinion on the queens from Australia?

 .and it is allowed here to import bees or queens from most countries
(Packge bees only).

The U.S.?
 Australia?

>Most of our imported bees come now from Egypt (about 360 tons of bees a
>year).

Cheaper in price I would guess from the Aussie bees. What do you like and
dislike about the Egypt bees.

In my opinion all races have pros & cons . Understanding this helps when
trying to make a living from bees. Also bringing bees in from another area
can produce problems in those bees which were not seen in their homeland.
Chalkbrood is one issue which has stumped a few of us. Not seen before
shipment in Australia but when those same bees are shipped into certain
countries chalkbrood happens.

>keepers in the south of Saudi Arabia (where beekeeping is traditionally
>practiced using A.m.jemenitica) are not allowing imported bees to come to
>their regions because of high tendency of robbing behavior in the imported
>bees.

Commercial strong hives tend to rob. My bees are probabbly robbing a weak
hive as we speak.

On the lighter side ( joking)

Some hobby beekeeper is probabbly looking out his window right now with his
morning cup of coffee watching  all those bees at the entrance to his hive
thinking his bees are in great shape and survived the winter.

In early spring (now) or late fall my bees will rob the weak hives. Reducing
entrances really helps.

Thanks for your post !

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison