From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 07:45:41 EST
Michael Thiele bases
>> the opinion that honeybees are getting weaker and weaker?
upon
> artificial breeding methods (artificial insemination, artificial queen
> breeding, using the larvae of worker bees) ....

This kind of generalization and mis information has really degraded this
list the last week or so.  One need look no further than Sue Cobey's
New World Carniolan breeding program at Ohio State to debunk a claim
that AI (Sue prefers II (instrumental insemination)) leads to weaker
bees.  POPPYCOCK!  This "It ain't natural so it must be bad" thread has
gone too far.  Read Taber's _Breeding_Super_Bees_ or take Sue Cobey's
Queen Rearing class followed up by her II Class, go see her bees, spend
some time with some good competent queen breeders, anything but clutter
up this list with such garbage!

This list is titled:
"Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology"
Nowhere between those quotes are the words "opinions", "unsubstantiated
rumors" or "I do not recall where I read"!!!

Please folks, keep in mind "Informed Discussion" when you are making
submissions to BEE-L.

Aaron Morris - thinking opinions are not facts!