Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 12:12:38 GMT
>>I put a top feeder on the new colony, which they haven't touched, and would like to add a pollen patty, but I don’t want to open the hive and disturb them for a few days, until I am sure they have settled in.  Weather is supposed to be nice for a few days, so they will probably start bringing their own in today.  Any recommendations on anything else I should do?

I suspect your deadout, along with the honey had substantial cured pollen in the frames.  At this time of year, adding pollen is not necessary although the bees will consume it reducing their pollen flights.  I'd leave the pollen patty in the freezer.

Are the black locusts still blooming up in NH?

Waldemar