From:
Ted Wout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 15:57:03 EDT
><< People, including beekeepers love to worry about diminishingly improbably
> events.  Take for example the ibuprofen flurry lately.  >>
>
>   All I can say, Justin, is that it happened to me.

There may be high odds that only 1 or 2 people that read this list may
be endangered by using these drugs and getting stung by a bee.  It
could be that hundreds of people might develop the symptom.  If in the
dissemination of this information on this list we have saved 1 person's
life, I don't see it as hype or a diminishing probability.  Thousands,
hundreds of thousands, millions of worthless posts are worth 1 persons
life in my opinion.  If you were that one person, perhaps knowing not
to use ibuprofen saved your life.