From:
Dave Cushman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2007 14:43:52 +0100
Hi all

Offlist I have been taken to task about some of the points I mentioned...

I have no intention of misleading anyone, my post was a simplification
and analogy that I know is not totally accurate, the post aimed at
getting people to realise that genetics is not impossible to understand,
but anyone that is stirred by what I said can easily follow up
everything in more detail.

There are two points that should be raised in correction, the first is
my spelling of locii, this is an entrenched error in my own spelling,
the correct version is loci.

The second point is my reference to pronunciation of the word allele, it
appears that the English pronunciation of the word is less common than I
thought, and that I ought to 'bend with the wind' and go with the
American pronunciation to avoid any confusion.

My use of the word linkage in my post was not intended to equate to
'genetic linkage', but to illustrate that a factor can be derived by
different routes.

Regards & Best 73s, Dave Cushman, G8MZY
http://website.lineone.net/~dave.cushman or http://www.dave-cushman.net
Short FallBack M/c, Build 6.02/3.1 (stable)