From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:08:50 -0400
Rimantas Zujus wrote:

> It seems to me that the essences are based on oil and therefore they have a
> higher boiling temperature than "water" (solution). Maybe, there is possible
> to choose such temperature and pressure conditions the water evaporation is
> much higher than of the fragrant oils ?
> This questions is for chemists.

Don't even have to be a chemist for this although I am one. If
you smell it it will usually be the first thing to go, since it
is already volatile enough to be leaving solution.
And oils can be all over the board as far as boiling point, both
lower and higher than water. Plus, fragrance and flavor do not
have to be associated with oils but can be esters, alcohols,
ethers... and other compounds, all with much lower boiling points
than water.
So Chris' comments are correct, that boiling by any method
generally will reduce the fragrance of the honey.  Since most all
our flavor taste is based on smell, best leave the honey alone.
Bill T