From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:03:45 -0300
If you have several thousand hives, you are not going to "know" them,
because it will probably not be the same worker looking at them on
different visits.  But if they are below average there will be a notation
on the beehive of the problem, and if they are above average there will be
a notation because they may be wanted for queen rearing.

What you are going to keep track of is not individual hives, but yards.

Why the fact that you do not "know" each hive matters, I do not
understand.  Because you or your workers are working with *some* hive every
day that is fit (and sometimes on days that are not fit) you probably have
a pretty good overview and can deal with the needs of the various yards.

I have one milk cow and she likely doesn't do better than cows in a dairy
herd.  She is a pet and so we don't cull her.  That's ok but how does that
impact on "cows" overall?  Probably not at all, same as with bees.

Stan