Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:46:33 +0200
>  "Dust
> weak colonies that are moth infested with one ounce of Bacillus
> thuringiensis (Certan).  Dust lightly over the tops of the frames in the
> brood chambers."  Has any one ever used this and does it work?

Bill, a  product containing Bt (aizawa strain)  was "created" by the chemical
companies and is a liquid containing millions of viable spores. The liquid is
diluted with water and sprayed on the combs. Especially those in storage. We
have been using it for about a decade. It is expensive, but has excellent
results.

See John Mitchells post as well. he is on about the same product we use.

We believe that EPA did not allow registration in the US due to not all the
tests having been passed. I am not sure what strain lives in certan, but
believe the strains to be very specific as regards their target moth.

Bt is a bacillus found everywhere. It lives in soil. It should therefore be
free.

Robert Post