From:
James Fischer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 2014 08:08:11 -0500
> ask posters to submit supporting
> evidence when they make an
> accusatory statement.

Can evidence be offered to support the accusation that Dr. Hayes has been
"flamboyant and combative", rather than reacting to extreme provocation?

I am not at all surprised that no similar incidents are known to any Bee-L
subscriber.  Honestly, if yet a researcher at another institution was being
subjected to similar treatment, why would they tell a beekeeper?

I am intrigued at the enthusiastic defense of Syngenta being offered in the
face of the drip, drip, drip of more detail.  But I do not need to "defend"
the reporting of the New Yorker, NPR, 100 Reporters, Mother Jones, Bill
Moyers, Grist, and Ebony magazine.  They have each reported and
fact-checked.

> The reason that I found this discussion
> worth pursuing is that Syngenta is very
> much involved in the issue of
> neonicotinoids and seed  treatments.

Exactly.

Lucky for us something like this would never, ever, ever happen over in the
group that make neonics, would it?  Oscar Gamble of the NY Yankees famously
said "They don't think it be like it is, but it do."