From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:36:34 -0800
Ron Bogansky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:Air Compressor:  This is by far the leader of the group.   Coupled with a pneumatic stapler ....

Propane Torch:   Another tool that has found many uses in my beekeeping jobs.

I'm waiting until my honey sales has brought in enough money to buy me the compressor, air stapler, and staples but it definately towards the top of my purchase list.

Will have to get a propane torch.  Coupled with a brand I will be branding all of my equipment.  Occording to state regs all bee equipment (wood) should be branded.  Haven't done that yet because of expense.  (Any suggestions for a source of a good brand at a good price?)

Need to put together some more queen intro cages too.  Planning to make a lot of splits this year and will need them to get the queens started in the splits.  I plan to use 8/inch hardware cloth to make 4" X 8" into cages.  May be a bit bigger than needed but want to get the queens started laying really good before releasing to the general population.

Mike in LA