From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 1998 11:47:15 -0700
At 11:25 AM 10/8/98 -0700, you wrote:

>The lable on my bottles of Fumidil-b are blurred
>print, I can now guess what that print
>was trying to say.

Hi Beekeepers & Friends,

In this case with this product you should take it back at once!  With this
product is very critical in how it is handled and stored and if the labels
are damaged there is a good possibilities you have a worthless product or
at the least the first signs or appearance of one. You bee supply dealer
will return your money or replace the product.

Fumidil-b is package in a dark jar because it is very light sensitive.
(SORRY, BUT It should not be fed in clear glass outside feeders in amounts
of more then what the bees can remove in a short time.)

It is packed with the air replaced with an inert gas because it is air
sensitive. It should be stored in a cold box, not at room temperature
because it is heat sensitive.

The product itself is wax based, and contains buffers that make it foam up
to aid in mixing the product. It first should be dissolved in warm, not hot
water, using only enough to do the job when all foaming action has stopped,
(it will look like brown water) and then it can be mixed with sugar syrup.

BEEWARE, the active ingredients in this product are such as there is only
one time it can be measured and that is in the manufacturing process which
is one of the reasons it can not be used in humans.

*You are buying a pig in the poke so to speak and placing all your trust in
an anonymous off shore manufacture so if anything at all appears not to be
normal you should return the product..

Heck for all we know the plant that makes this stuff may be the next target
of this administrations "wag the dog" policy. Maybe we should stock up
after all.<G>

WARNING. Feeding this drug should never be done in such a way that it could
at some later date be extracted in the honey. (This is never been a problem
because not test works to detect it and because of the high cost of the
drug itself and any tests to detect it.) The nasty bug that this drug can
control can be a human drinking water health problem and honeybees have
been know to spread it. The symptoms of the disease in bees normally are
expressed in the wet damp shady spring by suppressed build up of the bees
in the bee hive. BUT the greatest increase or gains by using the drug were
demonstrated in field trials to be in bees kept in the desert regions which
are normally dry which has left a lot of questions in how the drug works.
The original manufacturer of this drug wash their hands of it many years
ago...and it is not licensed to be manufactured in the USA but can be sold
here.

BTW: I have used hundreds of jars of the stuff and still have them to prove
it. I saved them just in case at some later date I needed proof of purchase
if someone sued Abbott Labs the original manufacture for selling a bogus
remedy and won.<G>

ttul, the OLd Drone
Left Coast of the Republic of America
Los Banos, Ca (California not Canada)

Left Coast BEENEWS at:
http://beenet.com/bnews.htp

(c)Permission is given to copy this document
in any form, or to print for any use.

(w)OPINIONS are not necessarily facts. USE  AT OWN RISK!