From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 09:27:42 -0600
Keith wrote:

Just because something is refined does not make it inherently inferior.

 Volumes have been written and research done about the problems with refined
sugar.

 As far back as 1929 , Dr. F.G. Banting, THE DISCOVER OF INSULIN, gave a
forthright warning on the USE OF REFINED SUGAR.

I quote from page 45 of the book "Honey and your Health" by Beck and Smedley
a quote by Dr. F.G. Banting in 1929.

"In the U.S. the incidence of DIABETES has increased proportionately with
the per capita consumption of cane sugar. In the heating and
recrystalization of the natural sugar cane, something is altered which
leaves the refined product a DANGEROUS FOODSTUFF".

Is not the rising incidence of diabetes one of the most urgent  medical
 problems in the U.S.today?

Dr.Banting's warnings fell on deaf ears in 1929.

Please research the problems with refined sugar on the net as tens of
thousands of sites with information exist.
I have made up my mind years ago. Zero Aspartame and refined sugar for me!
 Diabetes is a terrible illness and runs in my family! My uncle put two
tablespoons of refined white sugar in each cup of coffee. He died of
diabetes around middle forties.

Bob