From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 2015 21:10:58 -0300
I do not see the point on this discussion, it tend to become once again an
ideological battleground. Supplementing works for us downhere. Each one
have to decide under which circunstances supplementing works and if it is
need at all.

If we do not control varroa after the Tiaca (Calcluvia paniculata) flow and
give at least a kilo of supplement to each colony they won't be able to
arrive in good shape to the late Ulmo (Eucryphia cordifolia) flow and we
will loose at least 50% of our colonies before the end of winter.

If we are not vigilant during the blueberry pollination and ready to
supplement the colonies with at least 250 gr of patty and some sugar syrup
we will loose some of our colonies cause of starvation when the spring
weather gets bad (cold, windy, rainy).

If we do not supplement the colonies at end of winter / early spring  we
will not arrive with good colonies to the almond bloom.

We have work hard to develop our own formulas and they seem to work each
day better.
http://apiaraucania.blogspot.cl/search/label/panapi

cheers,