From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 20:18:44 -0800
On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Andy Nachbaur wrote:

>       ___     ___     ___     ___     ___     ___     ___     ___
>   ___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___
>  /   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \
>  \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/   \___/
>  /   \___/        l l                                  l l   \___/   \
>  \    This book on Essential Oils gives the background on these natural
>    herbal products that have been in general use by peoples of all
>    nations since the LORD transmitted to Moses the formulas for making
>    the Holly Oils.
>
>    It is not a bee book but will impart to beekeepers the background
>    knowledge on the what, and why of each of the essential oils with
>    pictures of the plants and flowers the oils are made from and what
>    the oils themselves look like and and CAUTIONS we should know
>    about the use of them. Background on how they are made, the exact
>    botanical origins, home and commercial uses, folk tradition and more
>    from A to Z on over 160 oils.
>
>    The book was published in 1995 by ELEMENT BOOK in the USA, Great
>    Britain and Australia in HardBack or PaperBack and you can order it
>    from your local book seller or via e-mail from me at:

>    The price of the paperback edition which is a excellent quality book
>    is $18.95 US plus about $3.00 postage in the US. Write for quotes on
>    the hardback and postage to other places if you can't find the book
>    locally. We appreciate your business and accept Master and Visa
>    Credit cards. For Beekeepers that order this book from me I will also
>    send 10 printed pages of the internet posts on the "Preliminary
>    Results of Research Varroa Mite Control" with these oils all of
>    which detail how to use Wintergreen and other oils to control mites
>    for $23.00 US postage paid in the US which includes the cost of
>    reproducing this added information all of you should have or can get
>    from the internet or this newsgroup or list mailer.
>
>     Hi Andy , Thanks for the post , it sounds like we can learn from
this book. We never know where we will pick up some idea and where it will
lead. I'm trying some pepermint oil.It is more volatile than wintergreen
and will not last as long.The more information I have the better.
 The mite may be in trouble when we can hit it with more than one
compound. We need safe and saine ways to control the mite.A note about
these oils, if used without research info you can kill your bees. Too much
of a good thing can be bad.
 Best Regards
  Roy