Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 2015 11:51:06 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Hi Peter and All,
 I would like to see a good environment for the bees. That said , I know that is over and we need to work together to get a better picture of what we are really facing. Throwing rocks will not make progress. 
 18 years ago a PhD friend from Italy was doing a ground water survey around the world about roundup interactions with the minerals in the soil. What he knew then fits today.  A dramatic shift with arsenic in the ground water do to the chemistry of the soil at different places around the globe. We would expect that finding. We have the same type of problem with Neonicotinoids  in the soil . One size does not fit all. Studies have to be broad  and no one study should be a conclusion if we have a problem. It needs good science and not like some that has surfaced lately. Almost a predetermined outcome from the beginning. That is not good science .
 We have to do the hard part. Getting everything working together. Jerry made the point very well. It will take all parts of the puzzle to work out a solution.  Money  is a big part for good science. So the funding has to be broad and not slanted by one group. I know it sounds elementary but we can no get off the ground unless everyone is working together  I hope we are ready to put down the rocks and solve our problems.
Best Regards
Roy Nettlebeck
Tahuya River Apiaries

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2