From:
Donald Aitken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:53:07 -0700
I have been using vaporized oxalic acid for the last three years.  I use a
set of six vaporizers of my own design which are similar to the Varrox and
Heilyser. They are heated with 200 watt cartridge heaters which operate on
120 volts for one minute.

I fill and place two vaporizers and turn them on from a distance of about
ten feet.  I fill and place the next two, turn off the first pair and turn
on the second pair. Fill and turn on the next pair, remove the first pair,
refill and place them etc...

I use a pair of splash resistant goggles and a simple paper dust mask which
seems to prevent any fume problems. The paper mask works because the stuff
is not really vapour but finely divided OA powder. Once the vapour gets away
from the heat it unsublimes (?) as it cools.  When I first experimented with
this stuff I got a whiff of the OA. It makes you cough instantaneously.

The treatment provides, in my case, a mite drop of several hundred within 24
hours and the drop continues for about a week.

                                    Best regards

                                    Donald Aitken