From:
Malcolm Roe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jul 1994 14:10:21 +0100
Dave said:
>         So then I'm sort of ok? They were just cups, but the cup the the
> middle threw me off. I've never seen one there and I don't remember reading
> about them there either. But to be on the safe side I'm going to have the
> guy I got them from come and check them and my hive management out.

From what you say I don't think there's anything to worry about.  You
may not have read about it but that doesn't matter.  The bees don't
read the books either!

>         BTW, I don't know what kind of bees they are, I asked him one time
> and he said, "They're honey bees" and smiled.

Just like mine!  When I said it thought it depended on the strain I
didn't mean that, for example, Italians put the cells on the bottom of
the frames and some other subspecies does something else. I just
intended to imply that there was probably some genetic basis to it.
Incidentally, I had a look at a colony over the weekend that had swarmed
about one or two weeks earlier.  There were the remains of six queen
cells.  Four were on the bottom of the frames and two were in the
middle - exactly the proportions I gave last week.

--
Malcolm Roe                            Phone  :  +44 442 230000 ext 5104
Crosfield Electronics Ltd              Fax    :  +44 442 232301