From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2018 16:16:11 -0600
I hope that by now, Randy's statement is true.

IMO  Those bees are defiantly not a success story. On AHB.   More of the mean traits rubbed off on humans (lawsuits against the inspectors stopped AHB designation)

I have tried 150 queens over 3 different season. 2016 was the last year.   As Professor says,  some of them are very violent!  And others in the same batch are shirt sleeve bees.   None have shown any degree of mite resistance or tolerance  any more than any other random run of the mill queens.   Not saying they are bad,  but they are not the solution.

I run some very aggressive bees at time (Miksa pollinator specials are pretty spicy) and would say the Navosta county bees are not desirable.  Probably around 10% are very unpleasant, even for my yards.

If they were  they would be unavailable for much retail sale as every commercial guy out there would be in line.

Again  JMO.

Charles