From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Aug 2009 21:15:50 -0500
> Was there any "disappearing"  reported between 1985-1987 and/or 1996-1997?

Going back over my records all I see is 1985-86 was a bad drought in the
Midwest. First year of drought had a above average honey crop. I had to feed
bees to keep alive in 1986. Bought honey to cover accounts.The drought broke
in the spring of 1987.
1987 bees looked good and a decent honey year.

!995 was a bumper crop in the Midwest with record crops. !995 was my best
honey production since keeping bees in Missouri. However in the spring of
1996 I lost half my hives as apistan had quit working.
1996 was a poor honey year in my area. All the other beekeepers were in a
similar boat and I had to get brood from Kevin jester in West Ridge,
Arkansas to rebuild. !997 was my second best year of honey production in
Missouri. 1997 was the record year for Bell Hill Honey production. ( per
hive average)

I think if disappearing disease would have been happening back then I would
have noted in my notes.

Why those years Juanse?

bob