From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2012 08:43:06 -0700

> >Might I have just lost the queen in the  previous 24 to 72 hours?

Definitely a possibility--were you in that hive during that time?  Sounds
most likely.

On rare occasions, I find colonies that run on the combs--I requeen.

If your honey flow just shut off, bees will sometimes roar more in response
to smoke.

Or, could the queen have mated with an Africanized drone, and hit a pocket
of hot semen in the last weeks?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA