From:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Trevor Weatherhead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:44:43 +1000
Way back I reported that I was having problems getting my bees to draw some wax coated small cell foundation.  I think it was Dee who advised to make the side bars 33 mm instead of the standard 35mm as the extra space was allowing the bees to not draw off the foundation but to draw brace combs.

Well did that and guess what?  They still did not draw it off the foundation but created a mess by drawing off the comb and across the space.  So my experiment to get some of my bees to convert to 4.9 small cell has failed.  Maybe I was a bit ambitious to get them to go down in one go.  Where can I get 5.1 foundation, plastic preferred?

Trevor Weatherhead
AUSTRALIA