From:
Jorn Johanesson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 11:35:26 +0200

Please don't panic, keep calm.

What I can read from your msg is that you have supercedure queen cells, and
those are often seen in package bees manly because of that the queen
supplied might not be of best quality.

if you only see a few queen cells placed in the middle of the comb 1 to 4 or
five you can be very sure of supercedure cells. Swarm cells you will find a
lot of but they will be placed on top of the frames or at button on frames
and the most you will normally find between the bottom box and the second
box if you have a dubbel brood chamber.

my advise to you will be :

leave the bees alone from now on  and for the next 14 days. don't open the
hive and keep your hands in the pocket :-) let the bees do their work, they
do it best and you will have a new mated and egg laying queen in your hive.
Why you should leave the bees alone is because the queen cells are sensitive
to disturbances. the queen pupa is hanging in a very thin silk thread from
the top of the cell, and if you pull out frames and are unlucky this thread
can break and the queen pupa will die. Let the bees select between the new
queen, again the bees know best

Best regards
Jorn Johanesson

Multilingual software for beekeeping since 1997

hive note- queen breeding and handheld computer beekeeping software
updated 27-05-2001 added grouping  and colouring of hives + a lot more.
all you need and a little more. being a little beekeeper or a big queen
breeder
free of charge up to 10 hives.
Language added : Dutch, Pourtuguise, French

home page = HTTP://apimo.dk
e-mail [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>