From:
stephen rice <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 2015 20:42:59 -0500
Hi all
Apparently I wasn't careful in my phrasing.
I was trying to explore just what was meant by the term "a toxic dose".

I wasn't trying to paint Randy as pro-neonic. I know that he isn't. He's made that very clear over the years.
I have apologized to Randy off-list. I personally admire his work and his zeal for reasoned discussion a great deal.
Looking at this again, I should rather have said that Randy would say it "seems to be the case that" a toxic dose would not build up.
No aspersions were meant.

What I was and am trying to figure out is, would the accumulation of Imi and its metabolites in the synapses lead to early death? And would we then in any circumstances want to call that 'a toxic dose'? It's interesting, and a bit confusing, that we use this expression "toxic dose" about something that, since it is a toxin, any dose is toxic. but we seem to mean that the one is fatal, and the other only damaging, or perhaps there are gradations of harm.

regards
stephen