From:
"Marion L.Bristow" <mbristow@[146.83.231.10]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 1995 17:49:41 CST
Lars ,

   The CO2 treatment is a trick we used in the Navy to cool down
beer ( we were stuck on Cuba for two months with no icebox ) and in
this application it's designed so as to 1) freeze the bees and/or
2) sofocate them .
   If you hit the NUC with one dirrect blast for about 3 seconds , the
majority of the colony will die . After you blast them , spary them
lightly with water ( standard house plant spray bottle ) .
   If you can't access the dirrectly , calculate 1 pound of CO2 bottle for
every 1 cubic meter of air space ( 10 cu.meters of air requires a standard
10 pound bottle ) . That should displace enough  air to suffocate them .
Keep in mind , if you have to suffocte them , make real sure that no cats ,
mice , pigeons or other critters have nested in the attic . Things can get
real stinky otherwise . I'm getting some data together for you concerning
your COOP honey barn . I'll send it latter this week .

Best regards ,

  PS : Bee-Go smell's REAL STONG ( ie. The dead cat smells better ) .
       Be reluctant to use it in a domestic house situation especially
       with childeren present .
Marion L.Bristow - Jefe , Seccion Informatica
Agriculture Sciences Campus
Universidad de Concepcion , Campus Chillan
Casilla 537
Chillan , Chile
e-mail: [log in to unmask]