From:
Dick Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:06:52 -0800
I seem to remember that a couple of years or so ago, there was a study
“discussed” on the now defunct Yahoo Biological Beekeeping group.  The
finding of that study, as I remember, was that small cell did not hold
up to the claims being made by the small cell folks.  Of course nearly
all the “discussion” on bio-bee was critical of the study, claiming it
was flawed. Now one comes out in favor of small cell and that seems to
be “proof” that it is working.  I haven’t read the article in ‘Bee
Culture’ yet as the magazine hasn’t arrived here yet.

While a study may be “proof” that small cell is working, all I can say
is that in my case, bees that I had on small cell comb for well over a
year became badly infested with mites.

Regards,
Dick Allen