Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 1994 19:25:00 +1300
New Zealand beekeepers have just found out that access will be
denied to the US market for our bees and queens yet again this
season.

Though there are no biosanitary problems left.  We've spent the
last 10 years answering all of the concerns raised to the
satisfaction of the US officials.  The hold up now is that the
official notice must be printed in the Federal Register, and that
might be 'some time', up to six months away.

If there are beekeepers in the US who would like the opportunity
to buy NZ queens and bees, I would urge you to (1) contact the
USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service and lobby for a
more timely gazetting of the notice and/or (2) contact me,
allowing me to compile a list of supportive US beekeepers to
assist our lobbying of the US officials.

It is bureaucracy that is keeping you from having the choice to
buy our bees now, not science...

          Nick Wallingford
 (East coast, N Island, New Zealand)
     Internet [log in to unmask]