From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2017 10:17:05 -0400
> The second day after the morning Advil I got stung a few times and I got some local swelling and persistent pain which I noted as very unusual.

I starting taking a lot of ibuprofen because of symptoms of arthritis (a while back, I don't recall when exactly). Recently I noticed unusual swelling after receiving one or a few stings. Usually I don't swell at all, except in winter after not getting stung for 4 or 5 months.

Anyway, I just stumbled upon the connection between NSAIDs and bee stings, while doing research into the connection between bee stings and arthritis. I thought I would be the last one to suffer from arthritis, having gotten stung so much during the past 40 years. Oh well.

By the way, the literature seems to fall into three categories: 1) bee stings cure everything; 2) bee venom has great potential, more research is needed; 3) there is no proof that bee venom provides any health benefit and can cause anaphylaxis.

PLB